ENGFDECR ECO Reasons Form Does Not Honor QUERY_ONLY = "YES" Paramter For View Only
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Engineering - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, ECO
Created a new form for ENGFDECR - form name ECO Reasons. The new form name is ENG_ENGFDECR, function name EMR ECO Reasons with parameter QUERY_ONLY="YES".
Added this form to the menu and the QUERY_ONLY is not being honored.
Expect Query Only form to restrict any updates.
Attempted Workaround Not Working
Attempted Personalization and the personalization is being over-written on form re-launch
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
0. Create Form Function where ECO Reasons is Query Only - System Administrator > System Admin > Application > Function
F11 User Function
Function: ENG_ENGFDECR <--- Or relevant copied Function to be used instead of Original
User Function Name: ECO Reasons
Add QUERY_ONLY="YES" in the form tab
1. Menu name – ENG_SETUP_GUI
Prompt name - Reasons
Function name – ECO Reasons
2. Form name - ENG_ENGFDECR
3. Add to Form Functions- ENG_ENGFDECR Form Define ECO Reasons Application Engineerring
4. Menu name - EMR_ENG_SETUP_GUI_VIEW
Prompt name – Reasons – Inquiry
Function name - EMR ECO Reasons
5. Responsibility name – EMR ENG Support ECT US – New
6. Find that form IS allowing save of new data.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot get Read Only to be honored in new form. [Inquiry Only]
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms