Purchasing Document was Rejected by the PO Approver, but it is found that the Status is Approved in the Action History
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Approvals - Req, PO
A Purchase Order (PO) approver has rejected a Purchasing document and the authorization status was changed to "Rejected". But in the Action History it shows the status of the document as approved.
Since the PO approver has rejected the document and the status has changed to "Rejected", the action history should also reflect the reject action.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps. For this case a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) was used:
1. Create a BPA in OU A with agreed amount as 700
2. Approve the BPA
3. Raise a Standard PO 1 in OU B for amount 700 referencing the above BPA and submit it for approval
4. Raise a Standard PO 2 in OU B for amount 700 referencing the above BPA and submit it for approval
5. Now approve the Standard PO 1 alone and it got approved
6. Try to approve the Standard PO 2, approver will receive a notification "Unable to approver Standard PO"
7. Notification has the message "Line # 1 Total amount released against the Global agreement must be less than the agreement amount limit. Please fix this problem and try approving again from the notification or send the document back to the preparer.
8. Click “Send Back To Preparer”
9. The authorization status will change to "Rejected but action history shows last action as "Approve"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms