RTI FPS rejected by HMRC with reason code Duplicate Segment Detected. Qualifier D
(Doc ID 1900048.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, UK Payroll
The FPS for May 2014 has been rejected by HMRC with the following Reason Code : Duplicate segment detected. Qualifier D.
Rule 79.4 ~ FPS15 000468|WE220028A|Bayliss ~ NI Category ~ NI Category Letter must be unique within the NI Letters and Values group. Supplied: 'D'.
This is due to the FPS Process archiving the GB_RTI_FPS_NI_DET multiple times for same Category.
Rule 79.4 ~ FPS15 000XXX|ABXXXXXXA|<Name> ~ NI Category ~ NI Category Letter must be unique within the NI Letters and Values group. Supplied: 'D'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. After the Main Payroll Run / Pre-payments / FPS in April 2014, we run a Supllementary Payroll Run. This Supplementary Payroll Run does not generate any Payments. This is purely used for Costing adjustment purposes. Hence no Pre-payments were originally run for the Supplementary Run
2. When FPS has been run for May 2014 (After Payroll Run & Prepayments for May 2014), the Process completed with error: Pre payment is not run for the assignment (asg action id: )
The Assignment Action referred above is the Assignment Action ID of April Supplementary Run.
3. To get rid of this problem, we ran Pre-payments for April 2014 again.
4. We then ran FPS for May 2014, the FPS generated 2 Lines in PAY_ACTION_INFORMATION against the Context "GB_RTI_FPS_NI_DET", same assignment and same NI Category. One Line corresponds to NI YTD values for April Supplementary Run (With ZERO PTD Values) and another line corresponds to NI Figures for May Run.
5. The FPS for May hence shows 2 Lines for same NI Category and hence rejected by HMRC.
1. We tried to Run FPS for April Supplementary Run / Pre-payments separately (After rolling Back May FPS). But the April Supplementary FPS completed with error for Many Employees with the following error reasons:
Either Payment Week Number or Payment Month Number must be present for assignment .
The Number of normal hours worked is missing for assignment .
The Payment Date is missing for assignment .
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document