Multiple Line Break <br> Tags Automatically Added To Contract Clauses When Editing
(Doc ID 1905700.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Procurement Contracts - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When authoring new contract clauses, new lines (line break <br> tags) are getting added every time a clause is opened, when the clause text is created using the Rich Text Editor and the text is copied from a Notepad document.
This issue is happening when using Internet Explorer (IE) browser.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to
Responsibility: Contracts Terms Library Administrator
Navigation: Contracts > Contracts Terms Library > Clauses > Create Clause
2. Create a new clause
- enter all the required fields in the header.
3. In the RTE window, select "Change to Plain Text Mode".
Now add text enclosed in <BR> </BR> tag so that the text is added as a new line.
4. Save the changes
- the clause is updated correctly.
5. Select "Change to Plain Text Mode" again
- observe that one more set of <BR></BR> has been added.
6. Save without making any changes
7. Select "Change to Plain Text Mode" again.
- observe that two sets of <BR></BR> have been added.
8. Save again and see that more and more <BR></BR> tags are added.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!