Even With Auto-Allocate Serials = No, Pick Wave Assigns Serial Numbers From Reservation Anyway
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Allocating a Pick Wave Move Order assigns serial numbers when there are reservations to a SO line.
The issue occurs when a partial quantity is allocated. The system picks the first serials randomly and these might not be the serials that really need to be transacted. When the user tries to change the serials, they cannot see any other serial from the reservation.
-- What is working --
Works fine if the FULL quantity is allocated. The issue is transacting a partial quantity.
-- Setup --
In organization parameters, "Allocate Serial Numbers" is set to No.
Item is serial controlled - At Receipt
Expect that by setting the Allocate Serial Numbers at the organization parameters to No, this functionality would work the same no matter if reservations exist or not.
Additionally, the list of serial numbers avialable to select MUST be the serial numbers that have already been reserved to the line.
Scenario 1 : WORKING
1. We create a sales order for a qty of 10 of our serialized item and book it.
2. In shipping transactions, we split the delivery line. (split 2 off)
3. We pick release the line with qty of 2 with :
- Autocreate Deliveries set to No.
- Auto pick confirm set to No.
- Auto Pack Delivery set to No.
- Append Deliveries set to No.
- Autoallocate set to No.
4. We query the pick wave move order and select the Allocate button.
5. We then select View/Update Allocations and then select the Lot/Serial button. No serial numbers are in the form.
6. This is good - working as expected.
Scenario 2 : NOT WORKING
1. Same setups, same item.
3. Create a sales order for our serialized item and book it.
4. We then use the tools menu -->Scheduling-->Reservation Details.
5. We create reservations for the items INCLUDING SERIAL NUMBERS.
6. We split the delivery and pick release as above.
7. We select Allocate on the move order as above.
8. When we select View/Update Allocations and select the Lot/Serial button, serial numbers have been automatically allocated.
9. This is bad - we want to assign our own serial numbers no matter if we have done prior reservations to the sales order or not.
We need to be able to assign our own serial numbers to items that have been reserved to the serial number detail on a sales order. This allows us to pick, pack and move partial line quantities of specific serialized items.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms