Internal Requisition Note: Destination Location Requires Customer Association In The Source Org
Last updated on OCTOBER 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an internal requisition is created manually for a particular operating unit, the following Note is shown after entering the Need-by date on the req. It only pops up as a note and does not stop creating, saving or approving the requisition.
The note: Destination location requires customer association in the source organization
The note should come after entering the destination and source org/location information at the bottom of the requisitions form, and because there’s actually a missing link between the customer location (ship-to) and the org.
However at the point the note is displayed, neither the source or destination org have been entered.
Following is one way shown to AVOID both errors (#1) and one situation where the error doesn’t apply (#2):
1. Enter the header information first (including the default location that comes from the employee record, if applicable).
2. If the location on the employee record is one of the “default” org locations that’s tied to the internal customer, and a requisition is being created in the operating unit where the employee record location is tied to the internal customer.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add location to the employee
2. Create new Requisition
3. Error comes up after entering the item - "Desitnation location requires customer association in the source organization"
4. Replace address with one that’s tied to an internal customer
5. Created another req and still get the issue after entering the item
6. Change the address to one of the locations that's tied to the internal customer for the OU in which the requisition is being created
7. Created a requisition and DO NOT GET THE ERROR
8. Enter the Need-by date on the req and don't get the error there either
9. Without changing the location on the employee record, create another req in a different OU and get the error after entering the item and need-by date
10. Remove the location from the employee record completely
11. Create another req and now only see the note after entering the need-by date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms