R12:AP:Payables Invoices Show Tax Lines From Unrelated Taxes And Regimes
(Doc ID 1914106.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The reported issue occurs in application version 12.1.3 and involves Payables invoices and E-Business Tax.
On some occasions for some operating units, it is noted that after either one of the following actions, there are extra tax lines stamped on the transaction from seemingly unrelated tax regimes.
- Validating an AP invoice, or
- Click 'Calculate Tax'
- The issue started immediately after the latest RPC implementation of Payables patch 17176017 and E-Business Tax patch 14277162 were applied.
- Symptoms observed for both PO-matched invoices and non-PO matched invoices.
Steps to reproduce
Issue is not consistently reproduced, but typically this is what would happen:
1. Create an invoice: enter header data and one Item line.
2. View the Tax Details, one tax line appears which is expected.
3. Then either validate the invoice or click 'Calculate Tax': if the issue manifests, there would be extra tax line/s stamped on the invoice and it would go on hold.
Workaround: User has to cancel the invoice, clear their web cache, and re-enter the invoice; issue typically not reproduced after this.
1. Functional: cannot use the standard navigate to view tax details. Seemingly extra tax line appears on the invoice - potential data corruption.
2. Legal issues: In some countries, cancelling invoices is not permitted as per legal requirements.
3. Document sequencing: for the Europe users, the issue prevents the document sequencing from working properly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document