Serial Number Genealogy Form INVITSNU Fails With FRM-92101 For Some Items
Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When opening the Serial Number genealogy form (INVITSNU), certain serial numbers will hang the form and it will never open, eventually displaying the following error:
Please look into the web-server log file for details.
The following was seen in the web-server log:
oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Forms session aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process.
at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
What was tried
- Applied patch 16328540:R12.INV.B, but the symptoms remain the same post-patch.
- Tried the recommendation from Note 10278206.8 "Bug 10278206 Expressions in Connect By may execute more times than needed" (specifically, "Disable duplicate elimination feature by setting the parameter "_optimizer_connect_by_elim_dups" to false"), also with no change in symptoms
- Confirmed that the profile option 'INV: Debug Trace' to is set to 'No'.
- Confirmed that the System Items flexfield has been recompiled
- Used the serial_diagnostic.sql script from Note 330284.1 for a known problem serial number. No problems with this serial were reported.
Steps to reproduce
1. Query a known problem serial number.
2. Observe the form hang and eventual FRM-92101 error
3. Query a non-problematic serial number.
4. Observe the expected response.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms