Datetrack Update Not Allowed Error When Attempting To Hire Ex-Contingent Worker Via The API hr_employee_api.hire_into_job
(Doc ID 1919037.1)
Last updated on JUNE 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to hire an ex-contingent Worker.Ex-applicant using the api hr_employee_api.hire_into_job, the following error occurs. An employment can be created for the same person on the same date via the People form.
Cause: You have tried to complete a date effective update for the record which starts on the same day.
Action: Change your DateTrack mode to correction or alter your effective date.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log on to the Applications.
2. Choose an HRMS responsibility, e.g. US Super HRMS Manager.
3. Navigate to People-> Enter and Maintain.
4. Datetrack to a date in the past, say 4 months ago.
5. Create a contingent worker.
6. Datetrack to 3 months ago.
7. Create an application for the contingent worker.
8. Datetrack to 2 months ago.
9. End the placement of the person.
10. Datetrack to a month ago.
11. End the application of the person.
12. Datetrack to the date a week ago.
13. Update the person record, e.g. change the name of the person.
14. Create a script to call the api hr_employee_api.hire_into_job by passing the required parameters and the values below for the specified parameters:
p_person_id => <person_id of the person>
15. Run the script on the database.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!