Mobile Field Service Multiplatform - To Use Geometry Information (when available) When Launching Google Maps
(Doc ID 1921316.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Mobile User Management
The googlemap functionality - to display a task address on googlemap app - on the MFS multiplatform application does not use an geocodes (longitude/latitude) that exists for the address in question. It just uses the actual address fields (hz_locations.address1 etc) to pass to googlemaps and plot the task. But if that address information is not actual address information (because the types of addresses used are not house addresses but installation cabinets on a street), then the task does not get plotted correctly.
When geocodes are available (through legacy import) for these addresses in HZ_locations and should be honoured by the multiplatform app as well.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create a party address that does not have 'real' address data
2. also populate the geometry field with correct geocode information on hz_locations
3. create a task, using that address
4. synch the task to mfs multiplatform device
3. open task for details - click on the map icon next to the address to go to googlemaps
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document