Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Question regarding how to insert the values into the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL table.
Currently there is a custom hook to insert additional data into the ONT or WSH request sent by the ITM Adapter.
This hook (WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS) is called during the WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING process.
We understand the high level process but we are not sure how to insert the values in to the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL table.
Is there an API we will call in the WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS or are we supposed to directly insert into the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL table?
Detail of request
Using the standard methods for the initial insert into the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL. Looking for more clarification on using the WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS.
When I leverage this custom hook, should I add an update statement to the package in order to update the request (generated by the standard WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING package) or is there an API available to add data to the ATTRIBUTE columns? Here is how I understand the process to work:
1. WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING is called by the workflow when an Order is booked
2. During the WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING process the appropriate data is inserted in to the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL table. This is standard.
3. Once the data is inserted in to the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL table, the WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING package calls the WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS package.
4. At this point, I will have added *something* to the WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS which will somehow update the WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL row to add additional data to the ATTRIBUTE columns.
5. The WSH_ITM_EXPORT_SCREENING process will complete, thereby generating the XML and sending it to the Partner.
==> Need guidance for step 4 as to what the addition to the WSH_ITM_CUSTOM_PROCESS should be.
Any documentation or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms