Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Payables Transaction module:
You are attempting to validate a transaction and receive the following error, even if the tax accounts are correctly setup:
APP-SQLAP-97733: The system cannot generate tax distribution due to the following error:
The system could not created tax distributions because the accounting code combination setup at Tax Accounts setup violates the defined security rules
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the line details window.
2. Do not try to edit existing lines; Add a new tax line at the end.
3. Enter a tax line, with proper tax attributes and delta tax amount.
If you are seeing 12 tax, and you want 10, then the delta would be -2.
You can create a dummy tax rate to record this delta under it, as you will not be allowed to use the same tax code/rate again.
4. Make sure you click tax only field as checked. Otherwise the manual tax line may not get allocated, because of lack of item with similar attributes.
5. Click OK, on tax details window. The new tax line will appear and the same will be reflected in tax amount field on the header.
6. Validate the transaction and receive the error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms