PIM Item Search For 100,000+ Items Causes Memory Issues : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, msg=Java heap space
(Doc ID 1923671.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Simple and advanced search for 4 users raises an error when 100,000s of results.
* Works if just a few results.
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, msg=Java heap space
WHAT IS WORKING
Works with just 1 or 2 users but still slow.
Works with exact part searches (when just 1 or 2 items returning).
* But fails when doing simple or advanced searches with 100,000s of results.
Expect no error.
1. Run simple search for multiple users.
2. Receive error.
The issue remains even after increasing the Java Heap. The increased memory appeared to help at first but the issue continued with just 3 or 4 users.
a. Increased the minimum and maximum java sizes on the application manager.
1. The original setting was 128m to 512m:
<oacore_jvm_start_options oa_var="s_oacore_jvm_start_options">-server -verbose:gc -Xmx512M -Xms128M
2. Then tried 512m to 1024m but still had the issue:
<oacore_jvm_start_options oa_var="s_oacore_jvm_start_options">-server -verbose:gc -Xmx1024M -Xms512M
3. Then increased even further to 1024m to 2048m.
<oacore_jvm_start_options oa_var="s_oacore_jvm_start_options">-server -verbose:gc -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M
* But the issue remained.
b. To increase the Application Server JVM heap size, followed these steps:
1. Log in to the Application Server Administration Server.
2. Navigate to the JVM options.
3. Edit the -Xmx256m option.
This option sets the JVM heap size.
4. Set the -Xmx256m option to a higher value, such as Xmx1024m.
5. Save the new setting.
Here 1024m Represents 1 GB.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document