Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.2 and later
Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.2.2 and later
Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.2 version, Pricing Engine
Find that when one adds a subscription item as a promotional Get Item,
that one cannot define the details of the get item including the duration of the service nor the period of the service.
Expect to be able to add the item as a promotional get item and be able to define the service duration and service period
after reviewing <Note 1582797.1> - "Oracle Advanced Pricing Release Notes for Release 12.2.2",
Section 3.1 Add Service Item as Promotional Get Item
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Oracle Pricing Manager
2. Navigate to: Modifier > Modifier Setup
3. Create a new promotional goods modifier PROMO TEST with “Service 1” as Get item.
4. Scroll to the right of the “Get” region – to show that one cannot enter values into the Service Duration nor the Service Period
5. Responsibility: Order Management Super User (or equivalent)
6. Navigate to: Orders, Returns > Sales Orders
7. Enter an order and save.
8. A new line is created for the "get item"
9. Find that a value is not defaulted for the service period nor service duration and that one cannot update these columns.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use this functionality.
The order line's service start date, end date, duration are not editable,
so one will not be able to create a subscription contract out of this order line.
This is happening in 12.2.2 Vision instance. We're in the midst of an assessment project
to explore the applicability of EBS 12.2.2 for our customer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms