Getting a 'Character String Buffer too Small in Package OKS_EVTREN_PUB Procedure Renew' When Using AutoRenewal
(Doc ID 1925136.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to AutoRenew Service Contracts, contracts do not get renewed and the following error shows in the Contract Alert Workflow Notification.
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small in package OKS_EVTREN_PUB Procedure renew
1. Using a Service Contract manager responsibility.
2. Create an Independent Condition including Error and Success Notifications.
3. Submit Workflow Background Process for Contract Alert to run periodically.
4. Run the Date Assembler program.
5. Contracts get picked up but they do not get renewed and the indicated error is shown in the Workflow Notification.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document