Issues with New Bank Account Creation Via SAM Process After Application Of SAM Patches
(Doc ID 1926948.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle U.S. Federal Financials - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are having Issues with New Bank Account Creation via SAM Process after Application of SAM Patches . The Vendors we are encountering issues with are commercial entities and not Federal.
1) Issue 1: FILE A Processed - Ran the SAM Data Processing program. The output file shows that a new DUNS was created. Supplier Sites were created. And it also shows that a new Bank Account was created. In the Bank Account section of the output file, it shows: the DUNS that it was created for and the Bank Account Name. The field for the Bank Branch is populated with "null".
When I query up the newly created Vendor record, click on Banking Details, and search for the information by Site...there is no Banking Information linked to any of the newly created Vendor Sites. Also, the ADD and CREATE buttons are greyed out.
2) Issue 2: FILE B Processed - Ran the SAM Data Transfer. Look in the IBY_PAYEE_ASSIGNED_BANKACCT_V table to view newly created information. When viewing the END_DATE field, it is showing that some records have been end-dated (with the date that FILE B was processed via the SAM Data Transfer program).
Step to Reproduce
1) Configure default bank per SAM manual config instructions (default bank = TREASURY)
2) Run the SAM Data Processing program
3) Query commercial test Vendor > Banking Details > query Pay Site
4) A Bank Account is now linked to the Supplier Site (AS EXPECTED)
5) Bank Account Number on the Supplier Site is the same number that is listed in CCR VENDOR table for test Vendor (AS EXPECTED)
6) Bank Account Name on the Supplier Site is NOT the same as the Financial Institute name that is listed in the CCR VENDOR table for test Vendor. The Bank Account Name field got populated with the default Bank Name that was configured in Federal Options - TREASURY. (NOT AS EXPECTED - THE BANK ACCOUNT NAME SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN POPULATED WITH THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTE NAME ON THE CCR VENDOR RECORD).
7) Navigate to Manage Banks and Branches
8) Click Bank link
9) Query Financial Institute name from test Vendor CCR VENDOR table
10) The query completes with "No results found" (NOT AS EXPECTED. EXPECTED TO FIND THE BANK NAME CREATED FROM THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION INFORMATION ON THE TEST VENDOR RECORD IN CCR VENDOR TABLE).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document