Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When work order information populated using 'outside services', project and task are populated.
However, when the cursor moves to new line in distributions, task information is blanked out, causing the below error
The Project information entered is invalid. Inventory Org is controlled at task level. You must enter a task reference here.
Steps to reproduce:
- Responsibility: Purchasing
- Navigate to: Purchase Order > Releases
- Try entering a new release for a blanket PO.
- Go Distributions, choose Destination Type Shop Floor.
- Select work Order and operation in ‘Outside Services’.
- Stay under Destination tab.
- Check using Menu > Help > Examine that Project and Task is populated
- Update distribution quantity to less than shipment quantity
- Click into any field in the new record OR try to save.
- Get the error
- Go to Project TAB. See that Task field is cleared
Problem does not surface, if Project TAB is visited before cursor leaves the current record.
Error also happens by clicking to the new record, without changing the quantity on the default line.
User is able to re-select the value in Task List Of Values and continue as normal. However, this not practically possible because user does not know the right task for the work order.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms