Inventory Items on a Quotation Appear in iProcurement Only in the Language That Corresponds to the Login Session In Which the Quote Was Created Online or via PDOI
(Doc ID 1931157.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In 12.1.3 iProcurement
For Quotation loaded through PDOI, the inventory items on the quotation appear in iProcurement only in the language that corresponds to the login session when the PDOI was run. The inventory items on the quotation do not appear in other languages installed in the instance.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login with ENGLISH language preference
2. Navigate to Purchasing
3. Create a new quotation containing quotation lines with inventory items
4. Navigate to iProcurement and search the quotation item
- see it is found
5. Logout and login with SPANISH language preference
6. Navigate to iProcurement / Main Store
7. Execute the same search and the item is not returned
8. With SPANISH language preference create a new quotation via PDOI with quotation lines containing inventory items
9. Navigate to iProcurement and see the items are returned
10. Logout and login with English language preference
11. Search iProcurement for the inventory items loaded using PDOI with Spanish language preference
- the items are Not found
Users do not see the quotation item when searching in language that is different from the language they were using when they created the quotation item via PDOI. They see the item in the language used for the PDOI load, but do not see the same item in the other language(s) installed.
Users using a different language cannot create a requisition for the item from the vendor who supplied quote for the item, because the item is not shown in iProcurement in all languages.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document