PO Form Holds Lock On PO_HEADERS_ALL Table Which Blocks Print Request
(Doc ID 1931641.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO screen (POXPOEPO) holds a lock on the PO_HEADERS_ALL table which blocks the print request.
When user creates a new PO and approves it the PO screen holds a lock on the PO_HEADERS_ALL table which prevents the "PO output for communication" request to finish.
The "PO output for communication" request should finish regardless the fact that Purchase Orders (POXPOEPO) form is open or not.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create a new PO
2. Enter shipments
3. Enter distributions
5. Click Approve. Check the “Print” check box and click OK
6. After clicking OK, the PO is in Approved status
7. View requests, and there is the “PO Output for Communication” request running (but stuck)
8. Oracle EM shows that there's a blocked session in the DB
9. Lock clears and request finishes as soon as PO screen is closed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document