Custom Help Text Not Working In Products And Services Page
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal, Release 12.1.3, adding a custom help file to the Products and Services page is not working. When changing the Help Target property to point to a different anchor, the page still points to the seeded pos_buyer_help_home help target.
It is expected that the Help page will direct to the Help Target specified on the Personalization Properties.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications, using a Supplier Data Librarian Super User responsibility.
2. Search for a supplier and Update.
3. On the Update Supplier page, click the Products and Services Category link from the left-side menu.
4. On the Products and Services page, click the Personalize Page link at the top of the page.
5. Click on the Update icon of element "Page Layout: Products and Services".
6. On the Personalize Page Layout page, change the value of property "Help Target" at the Site level to "buy_bank_details" which is a custom help target.
7. Click the Apply button and Return to Application.
8. Back on the Products and Services page, click the Help link at the top of the page --> this launches the Help window. However, the seeded help is called instead of the custom help which is referred to in the personalization change just made.
When a view source is done on this page, the link still contains the original value:
<A NAME="T475152" target='_parent'></A><A NAME="pos_buyer_help_home" target='_parent'></A>
Clearing the functional cache does not change the behavior reported.
Due to this issue, the custom help file cannot be called.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms