Last updated on APRIL 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iReceivables - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When external user is creating an iReceivables account through Self-Registration, if they enter a password that doesn't meet the hard to guess criteria, the following message is returned:
oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-26041: Failed to post data to database during "Rollback to Savepoint": SQL Statement "null".; This message is not relevant to the error and does not assist the customer.
If they click again, they get the message - PP-FND-02600: Unable to create user Test@TEST.COM due to the following reason(s): Password must not contain repeating characters..
OR - APP-FND-02600: Unable to create user PETER@TEST.COM due to the following reason(s): Password must contain at least one letter and at least one number..
A message relevant to the error.
But most users won't know to click a second time.
Turn off profile - Signon Password Hard to Guess
Steps to replicate:
1. Set Profile Option: Signon Password Hard To Guess to Yes.
2. Access the Self Service Portal External Node.
3. Register a new user, click Register for Online Account Management (Register Now)
4. Work through registration page flow. Enter Customer Number, Email Address.
5. Validate Access.
6. Select Location
7. Enter user first name/last name. Enter password. This password should be invalid according to the Signon Password Hard to Guess rules. i.e. Must contain 1 character and 1 number, must not contain recurring characters. For this example enter: password
8. Review Access Request: Click the Terms and Conditions and Click Submit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms