Flex Field Definition Added to Manager Layout Cannot be Made Read Only
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.2 to 6.3.7 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
"User Defined Attribute" field cannot be made Read Only when added to a Manager Layout when using a Flex Field Definition. The field still appears as editable in the that Manager Layout.
If you do a flex field definition for an attribute field using entries in valid value table, then that field when added to Manager Layout cannot be made read only. Even if you check the Read Only checkbox in Manager Layout, the field still appears as editable in the transaction done using that Manager Layout.
1. Create a flex field definition for attribute1 field of order release using any of the valid value types.
2. Create a manager layout for order release object and add attribute1 in the first header section.
3. Finish the Manager layout.
4. Attach the manager layout to a custom order release screenset against New
5. Attach the screenset to your menu
6. Create an order using the new menu link. You will see that the field is editable and shows all the valid values
7. Now open the manager layout, make the field read only and specify a default value, finish.
8. Try to create an order, still the field will be seen editable.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms