R12: UOM Conversion Validation is not Occurring During Purchase Order Creation/Approval - Causing Failure at Receipt
Last updated on APRIL 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO is created from the Requisition which has been created from iProcurement punchout site where the UOM is different from Item Master and punchout site. While approving the PO there is no validation happening that UOM conversions were not defined. But when receiving the PO in receipt form validation is happening with the message 'The unit of measure conversion either does not exist or has been disabled'.
Expectation is that in this scenario, when pressing on the Approve button, validation (UOM Conversion does not exist) to be present.
Steps to reproduce
1. Define Item in Item Master with UOM1.
2. Create the same item in Punchout as Supplier Item with another UOM which is UOM2.
3. Do not create UOM Conversion for UOM1 and UOM2.
4. From iProcurement punchout create new Requisition and approve.
5. Create PO from the Requisition and approve the PO.
6. Navigate to Receipt Form and try to create new Receipt for this PO.
7. Error is getting occurred which is correct as per the setup.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms