Transact Move Order Line Allocations (INVTOTRX) -Displays Negative Available Qty When Toggling Between Allocation Lines
(Doc ID 1935847.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transact Move Order Line Allocations (INVTOTRX) - erroneously display negative available quantities for the allocations
When navigating within form INVTOTRX on a specific move order line where multiple allocations exist for the line (i.e. more than one inventory location has been allocated) the value displaying within the field 'Available Qty' (ATT) will dynamically decrease in a negative direction until the available qty displays negative.
This begins to occur after multiple mouse clicks between the different allocation lines. The result of this is the form will not allow you to update allocations because an attempted update will trigger the error message "Transaction quantity must be less than or equal to available quantity"
1. Navigate to Inventory responsibility (Inventory Analyst) ' Select Inventory Org (GER) '
Open Move Orders menu:
2. Enter in, save, and approve a new Move order for a Move Order Transfer to a subinventory that is NOT Reservable. The transfer from locator can be Locator or non-locator controlled.
3. In this example I've setup the on hand balances such that the system will allocate balances from two subinventories (both non-locator controlled) for a transfer into a non-reservable subinventory:
4. Navigate to and open Transact Move Orders menu
5. Query for new move order and Check to select ' Click on Allocate
6. The allocations must be multiple in order for the issue to be reproduced ' Click on View/ Update Allocations
7. Click your cursor between the two allocations lines and see that there is no problem with the Available Quantity. Go ahead and click your cursor back and forth between the two lines multiple time (maybe 10-15 time). The reason why I indicate to do this is because in the scenario where the available quantity issue is reproduced you must click multiple time between the allocation lines before this issue appears. For the time being the problem should not appear because we have not yet met all the conditions where this comes up. We will do this further down.
8. Once you have completed this go ahead and Click on Cancel to exit the move order allocations screen and go ahead and close out of transact move orders altogether.
9. Navigate to and open the Reservations menu still within same inventory org (GER)
10. Enter in the same item (same as move order item) into the Find reservations form and click on Find and note that no records were retrieved indicating that there are now current reservations for this item. Go ahead and close the menu.
11. Navigate to Order management responsibility (UK Order Management super user) which is tied to the same operating unit as the inventory Org (GER) and open Sales Orders menu
12. Enter in and Book a sales order using the same item (Move order item)
13. Close out of order management and navigate back to Inventory (org GER) and open the Reservations Menu
14. Again query for the item
15. Now view the reservation created by the sales order. Then go ahead and close the menu.
16. Navigate back to Transact Move Orders menu and open
17. Query again for the same move order Check to Select ' Click on View/Update Allocations
18. Again click your cursor between the two allocation lines multiple time.
At first the Available Quantity appears to be okay but after X many clicks the Available quantity begins to change moving in a downward directions until the quantity goes negative and continues to go in a negative direction
Further customer finds if one deletes out all sales order reservations within the inventory org for the same item (the item on the move order)that the problem also goes away even with the subinventory being marked NOT reservable. If afterwards a new sales order booked for the same item (i.e. the item on the move order) then the problem re-appears, again if the transfer to subinventory for the MO is marked NOT reservable. This appears to happen for 'Sales Order' reservations only. "internal Sales Orders' don't appear to impact this.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document