Upgrade to 12.2.4 Fails With Error ORA-04063: package body "APPS.AD_ZD_PREP" has errors
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Applications Manager - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.2Cloud]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While applying Patch 18288881 with 18886213 and 18942757 in hot patch mode as part of upgrading the E-Business Suite (EBS) R12.2.0 to 12.2.4, it failed with the following error on the Applications Tier:
Error: Unable to run enable_custom_user
AutoPatch - aiuoraEnableCustom: INFO: ORA-04063: package body "APPS.AD_ZD_PREP" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called: "APPS.AD_ZD_PREP"
ORA-06512: at line 1
We also followed the MOS 932985.1, no luck.
The high level steps which we followed to upgrade the EBS R12.2.0 to 12.2.4
1) Installed EBS R12.2.0 DB Tier on an LPAR1
2) Installed EBS R12.2.0 Apps Tier on LPAR2
3) Followed the note 1594274.1 for upgrading the DB Tier
- Upgraded to the latest OPatch version 184.108.40.206.6
- Upgraded the startCD from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 and updated the staging area.
- Applied all of the DB patches shown in StartCD 22.214.171.124 and additional DB patches required in the "No included in any startCD"
- StartCD 126.96.36.199 Patches
- 17600719, 17693770, 18116376, 18259911
- Patches no included in StartCD
- 16989137, 17875948, 17912217, 18419770, 18614015, 18685209, 19078951
- Applied some more additional patches that were shown as output of the script "checkDBpatch.sh" in DB Tier
4) After all DB patches, there is no "required patches" or any list of patches from "checkDBpatch.sh". It was clean.
5) Following the note 1617458.1 to upgrade the Apps Tier and Choose Path A.
- Executed the SQL script ADZDDTFIX.sql from the patch 17268684:R12AD.c patch.
- Applied Apps patch 17204589 for Seed table upgrade. (Hot Patch)
- Executed adgrants.sql of patch 18283295 in DB tier as SYSDBA.
( sqlplus /nolog , connect sys as sysdba, @adgrants.sql APPS)
- Applied Apps patch 18283295:R12.AD.C.Delta.5 in hot patch mode
- while applying Patch 18288881:R12.TXK.C.Delta.5 merging with 18886213:R12.TXK.C and 18942757:R12.TXK.C, got the
error. (adop phase=apply patches=18288881,18886213,18942757 hotpatch=yes merge=yes)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms