Cannot See Items If More Than 1000 groups, And WebADI Cannot Update Master Level Items With APC Advanced Search: ORA-06502
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple symptoms around searching or updating items when the user has a very large number of groups assigned:
An error occurs updating specific items with Advance Product Catalog (APC) Advance Search from WebADI Excel Import.
Request completes with warning and below error is given in the log file.
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
Row Identifier: 32767263.
Table Name: EGO_ITM_USR_ATTR_INTRFC.
Unexpected error in EGO_ITEM_USER_ATTRS_CP_PUB.Process_Item_User_Attrs_Data: User-Defined Exception
1. Navigation > APC > Item Catalog > Item Advanced Search
2. Enter Master Org and the Generic Display Format
3. Execute the Advance Search
4. Export the items to Excel 2010
5. Select items and upload
6. Close window
7. View Request and see the error
- User is unable to mass update items using APC advance search tool and excel upload functionality.
- Updating at the organization level is possible with no errors.
- Critical for business to be able to update their item at the master level.
Upgraded from R12.1.2 to R12.1.3.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms