"GET THE DRIVER HOME FOR FLEET OPTIMIZATION" Parameter Does Not Work Correctly when Violating Rate Condition
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fleet Management - Version 6.0 to 6.3.6 [Release 6 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When setting Logic Configuration parameter "GET THE DRIVER HOME FOR FLEET OPTIMIZATION" as TRUE, drivers are left at shipment Destination but not their Home as the result of fleet bulk plan.
This scenarios occurs when the rate condition constraints to build shipment total travel distance under the given miles, but if system build a shipment for returning Home, which violates the rate condition, so the system seems to build only one-way shipment.
But if rate is infeasible then shipment should not be assigned to driver at all, but it should come back to home in all circumstances at the end when parameter is set to true. If not possible, must not assign the driver.
1. Set up Logic Configuration by going through menu Shipment Management -> Power Data -> General -> Logic Configuration
2. Click on New and create logic configuration for FLEET OPTIMIZATION with following values. Make Sure that GET THE DRIVER HOME FOR FLEET OPTIMIZATION is set to TRUE
3. Set up Parameter Set by going through menu Shipment Management -> Power Data -> General -> Parameter Set
4. Create New or Edit already existing working parameter for the domain in which shipment and driver are going to be present
5. Go to FLEET MANAGEMENT grid and set parameter FLEET OPTIMIZATION CONFIG ID to ID which was created on the step 3
6. Click Finished to save Parameter Sets.
7. Now we will set up the rates to limit the total distance on a shipment to be of certain value.
8. Rate Records are set up as below cost which constraints that the rate cannot go beyond 50 miles
9. Now plan order for which shipment has miles near to 50 miles so that it gets planned successfully on FLEET carrier.
10. Confirm Driver is at home by checking his assignments or if no assignment then home location is set as 214. For us the driver is as shown in the screenshot
11. Go to Shipment and select and click Actions > Fleet Management > Assign > Optimize Driver Assignment
12. In the pop menu, select the parameter which was configured above and select the saved query which is selecting that driver which is at home location of 214
13. Click OK on the Optimize Driver Assignments to run the optimizer
14. Let the bulk plan complete successfully.
15. Edit the shipment again either by clicking on link Shipments Assigned or by going through Buy Shipment menu to review.
16. Notice that Fleet Bulk Plan ID is same as above and driver is assigned but destination location is still shipment destination location and not the driver’s home location
17. Go to Stop Tab to confirm
18. Driver isn’t returned to home even though the parameter is switched on.
19. Logs are also attached for review. In the logfile, search for text “REInfeasibleExeption” and then look for the failure condition above it,
20. Rate engine evaluates the driver returning home but found the result infeasible RateEngineDetails RECharge.evaluate(): Testing: (SHIPMENT.DISTANCE < 50 MI)
21. Even after the failure optimizer continues to assign the shipment to driver and do not return the driver back to home.
22. I will continue to run the scenario for positive case, when the shipment distance is under the limit set on Rate Record is 150 miles, that is enough to cover 97.7 miles as above
23. Now if the shipment is unassigned from driver and then reassigned using Optimize Driver Assignment
24. Review shipment again
25. Same shipment but different Driver Assignment Bulk Plan ID
26. Notice the driver is assigned and Shipment Destination location is 214. Hence driver is back to Home
27. Review Stops to confirm
28. Driver is brought back home
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms