Depot Repair Return from a vendor for 'Vendor Repair' changes ownership to the vendor account
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This is for the 3rd party repair flow. When user receives IB item back from the Vendor, the ownership gets changed to the Vendor Account instead of staying as the SR Customer.
Expecting the ownership of IB item to stay as the SR customer.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Setup the "Ship to Third Party" Service activity on the IB Transaction Subtypes as "Change Owner".
2) Make sure the repair type: "Third Party Repair and Return" uses the above service activity code on the ship-to 3rd party line.
3) Create SR, RO with serial item such CSD002 - and repair type: "Third Party Repair and Return", use account 1608 - business world on the SR e.g. serial number: SNOO013RD
4) create a new serial number and IB instance while creating the RO
5) Book the 1st Return RMA line and Received this serial number: SNOO013RD
6) Change the account on the Ship Third Party line to "1005"
7) Book and Ship this line
8) Go to Repair Details tab, click on "View Configuration"
9) On The IB page, verify the owner of IB instance
(The above values relate to those which may be seen on a Vision instance)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms