Last updated on MARCH 12, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer has some PO's at Rejected status or Requires Re-approval status after failed change requests.
Changes made on requisitions charged to work orders after upgrading to 12.1.3 cannot complete due to no Budget account on PO.
These PO's need to be cancelled however cannot be cancelled due to unprocessed change request.
They cannot be approved due to no budget account.
How can these be cancelled or approved?
This issue is reproduced by following steps:
1. PO raised in 11i to work order - no budget account required.
2. Upgraded to 12.1.3
3. Invoice matched to PO (qty rec hold so invoice not paid)
4. Requester processed change request.
5. Buyer accepted change request and PO updated.
6. Buyer attempt to Approve PO, received error message on approval - no budget account.
Error = Budget account on the document cannot be blank when Encumbrance is enabled. on distribution 1 of shipment 1 of line 1
7. Buyer receive workflow for above - action with Return to Preparer. PO is now at Rejected.
8. Requester attempt to perform receipt - cannot receipt as PO is rejected status.
9. Buyer and Requisitioner decide to raise new requisition and PO.
10. AP need to cancel invoice from old PO.
11. AP attempt to cancel invoice and receive error message because the matched PO status is 'Rejected'.
12. Attempt to cancel PO, receive the attached error message.
Error = Please undo the changes to the document in the current revision before taking the cancel action
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms