Unexplained FPS Errors/GB Rollback Issue
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, UK Payroll
Some unexplained errors/warnings have been encountered in the June FPS process for the largest NCC 19 payroll:
Each of these assignments is showing multiple prepayments relating to several periods being processed in the FPS, whereas those prepayments have already been reported in FPS submissions for previous periods. On investigation, the PAY_GB_FPS_DETAILS table is missing data for these PrePayments. This appears to be as a result of using GB Rollback with an assignment set, where the first part of the process ignores the assignment set and deletes from this table for the complete FPS and then rolls back the archive data only for the assignments in the assignment set.
Some assignments are erroring in FPS processing when they appear not to have any issues. Others are including several prepayments in the latest FPS, where those prepayments relating to prior periods have already been reported.
" The Number of normal hours worked is missing for assignment XXXX"
" More than 4 NI records exists for assignment number: XXXX"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Period 1 run payroll, prepayments, Bacs and FPS for main run.
2. Bacs rejected due to incorrect bank details for one assignment, create assignment set and use GB rollback with the assignment set for FPS and prepayments.
3. Correct bank details, rerun prepayments, BACS and FPS.
4. Period 2 run payroll, prepayments, Bacs and FPS for main run.
5. Errors encountered as detailed in SR opening comments.
6. Multiple prepayments are now being included in the FPS
7. GB rollback has been used in conjuction with assignment sets since April.
The issue has the following business impact:
Unable to report to the authorities
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms