Promotional Goods Modifier Does Apply In HTML Quoting Nor on an iStore Cart
Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle iStore - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Quoting - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Test: 12.1.3 version, HTML User Interface
Even after <Patch 17070407>:R12.QP.B, Promotional Goods Modifier is not getting applied in Quoting.
It applies fine in Order Management(OM). However, the same does not apply via HTML Quoting application
nor does the Promotional Item (Free Item) ahowing in Cart in iStore.
This comes only for ASO flow, because Service Item as free good is supported only for OM.
From Pricing Engine Request viewer, it was verified that all Qualifier attributes are correctly fetched by Pricing Engine
and the Modifier is even applied- but is finally deleted ( Status Code='D').
Promotional good (get item) should be added automatically when a qualifying buy item was added.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a promotion modifier (buy one and get one free)
2. Login to EBS with "Quote User" or equivalent HTML Quoting resp
3. Create a Quote
4. Add item (one setup as a buy item in promotion)
5. See..get item was not added
ADDITIONAL REPLICATION STEPS
1. Create a buy-1-get another item free modifier in Pricing
2. Login as B2B user
3. Add item to cart via Direct Item Entry UI
4. See that the cart only shows one item
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms