Last updated on DECEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Bills of Material - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.2 version, Bills/Routings Open Interface
There is non-required context Component Information DFF with Reference Field = :$PROFILES$.MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID.
When creating or adding the BOM Component, MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID value must be populated into the bom_inventory_components.attribute_category vitally.
However bom_inventory_components.attribute_category is null when saving the BOM Component with default values.
Saving a component without any changing or updating the default values then attribute_category value become Null.
If we trying to change or update some default values on component then correct value MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID is populated into the attribute_category column.
This null value in bom_inventory_components.attribute_category is the major cause of the following ECO issues.
<Bug 16636400>: ECO IS FAILING TO IMPLEMENT CHANGES IN DATABASE FOR ITEMS WITHOUT DFF VALUES
<Bug 13861572>: BOMKMUD: MASS UPDATE REPORT EMPTY FOR COMPONENT UPDATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Bill of Material responsibility: Setup> Flexfields> Descriptive> Segments
2. Query the segment with Title = Component Information
3. Define non-required Context DFF for Component Information with Reference Field = :$PROFILES$.MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID
4. Navigate to Bill of Material responsibility: Bills> Bills
5. Create or Add BOM component with default values then attribute_category value is missing in bom_inventory_components table
(Just add component item value and save without changing of default values)
If we are trying to change or update some default values on component then correct value MFG_ORGANIZATION_ID is populated into the attribute_category column.
6. Navigate to Engineering responsibility: ECOs> Mass Changes
7. Perform Mass Change with newly added component which has no value in bom_inventory_components.attribute_category.
When querying the ECO, revised items information is not displaying.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms