Using the "Enter" Key on the Keyboard to Open an Object in a ScreenSet Configured for View Only, Opens the Object in Edit Mode
(Doc ID 1948318.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.1.5 to 6.3.6 [Release 6.1 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Screen Set is configured to have View only (i.e. the Edit functionality has been unchecked on the General tab of the Screen Set configuration). The user then runs a search on using this ScreenSet, then selects the checkbox next to a returned object. If the user hits the "Enter" key on their keyboard (simulating the selection of this highlighted item), the object is opened in Edit mode even though Edit mode was disabled. It is instead expected to open in View mode.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created a new screenset with only 'VIEW' option checked on the General tab.
2. Assign this Screen Set to your User Menu
3. Click on the added menu option and perform a Search
4. Check the box next to any returned object
5. Click ENTER key, the Edit screen opens.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document