PO Approval: Can A Document Total For Cumulative Documents Be Defined?
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Approval groups can be setup for the following objects:
- Account Range
- Document Total
- Item Category Range
- Item Range
The document total refers to the monetary limit on an individual document. Is it also possible to set a monetary limit for cumulative documents? This can help preventing the following scenario:
- Approver A is not able to approve purchase orders with a document total over $5,000.
- This approver wants to purchase goods up to $6,000.
- As the approver does not have sufficient authority to approver over $6,000 this PO would be forwarded to Approver B.
- Now instead of creating 1 PO for $6,000 the approver decides to raise 2 separate POs with an amount of $3,000.
- As both PO's fall within his signing limit, he will be able to approve both POs and thus effectively purchase goods that exceed his approval limits.
By setting a cumulative document total this could be prevented. Can this be achieved using the position hierarchy?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms