Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 version, Absence Issues
Updating A Timecard With Accrual Hours - the Time Entry Rule based on the seeded formula 'PTO Accrual Balance vs Absence' Is Violated Even Though There Is No Accrual Changes
Using weekly timecards with PTO Accruals.
Time entry rules is based on seeded formula 'PTO Accrual Balance vs Absence'. Time entry rule setup:
Rule Name: XXX Save
Formula: PTO Accrual Balance...
Period: XXX Weekly
Operator: Less Than
Accrual Plan: Professional Development Day
Accrual Offset: 0
Example to illustrate problem:
- For 3rd - 9th AUG 20XX timecard, Accrual Balance as of 9-AUG-20XX is:
Professional Development Day = 16
- Submit this timecard with 2 lines:
Line 1: Regular Hours
- Mon: 8 hrs
- Tue: 8 hrs
- Wed: 8 hrs
Line 2: Professional Development Day
- Thu: 8 hrs
- Fri: 8 hrs
After the timecard is approved and transferred to payroll, if a correction needs to be done on the timecard (such as update timecard to add 2 hrs of Overtime), the time entry rule will incorrectly fire even though there's no changes to the accrual balance.
That is, when you go back in to update this timecard, you'll see:
Accrual Balance as of 9-AUG-20XX 4 is:
Professional Development Day = 0
- User won't get this error if timecard has not been transferred.
- There will not be an error for transferred timecard if there is still enough balances (i.e.an excess 2 hours than needed) to resubmit 2 hours, even though you are not taking any more accrual in this update.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
With the Time Entry Rule in place:
1. Enter a timecard which reduces the accrual balance to zero.
2. Once this timecard is approved, transfer it to Payroll
3. Now try to update the timecard (such as add some overtime)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms