Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Debrief / Field Service Report
A new Service Request is created to replace a certain failed part for another.
When the serial number of the failed part is entered in the Service Request header, the IB Instance that correspond to that S/N is automatically defaulted as "Parent Instance" when create a new Debrief Material install line.
When that line is processed, a parent-child relationship is created between the new IB Instance used in the Debrief Material line and the Parent Instance (the instance in the SR header).
If the same Debrief is also used to return the IB instance in the SR header, due to the IB relationship, the IB Instance in the header and the IB Instance entered in the Debrief Install line will be returned.
That should not occur as the IB Instance used in the Debrief install line should have remained at customer site.
The Parent Instance shouldn't be defaulted every time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new SR for a failing part and enter the S/N in the SR header
2. Create the corresponding Task and Debrief.
3. In Debrief enter a Material install line for the new S/N that is going to be sent to customer. Note that in that line the "Parent Instance" field gets automatically populated with the IB instance that correspond with the S/N in the SR Header
4. Create a second Material return line in Debrief for the S/N in the SR header as that S/N should be returned for repair
5. Process the Debrief
6. The install line creates a parent-child relationship between the S/N in the SR header and the new S/N in the Debrief install line.
7. The Debrief return line correctly returns the S/N in the SR header but, due the IB relationship, the new S/N is also returned and located in inventory when it should be at customer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms