With Account Derivation Option of AMB, Upfront Tax Invoices Created on Rebook of Contract
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version,
The Accounting Option is 'Accounting Methods Builder'' and the OU has Upfront Tax enabled. After rebooking a lease contract and running billing, 2 invoice lines are getting created for the upfront tax, one with positive and the other with negative amounts.
Both lines are getting imported against Invoice-OKL transaction type which is setup with "Positive Sign".
The line with -ve amount which was created to reverse the invoice from booking is stuck in AR interface table with the following error:
The document created must have a non-negative total amount because the creation sign for your transaction type is Positive.
As per the OLFM User guide, 'If the billed upfront tax calculated on the rebook is different than the billed upfront tax on the original contract, OLFM generates a tax-only invoice or credit memo for the different tax amount.
However, in this case, there has been no change to the Upfront tax amount - and so, there should neither be a negative amount, nor a positive amount.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup an OU in OLFM - and complete all the required Setups
2. In the Accounting Options' page, select the accounting option as 'Accounting Methods Builder'
3. In the 'Transactions Tax Setup' page, choose 'Yes' for Upfront Tax and complete the other related setups
4. Create and Book a contract with Upfront Tax enabled in the T&C
5. This will create an 'Upfront Tax' invoice on the customer
6. Rebook the contract
7. This will create one more 'Upfront Tax' invoice on the customer. However, the invoice line with negative amount is stuck in AR interface record with the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms