Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to issue (without saving first) a new material requirment line for a WIP job that does not have an operation yet (because it was created without BOM or Routing and no material),the following error occurs:
1. 4098357 : System cannot change/delete the following material requirement
because the requested job/operation/inventory_item_id_old combo does not
exist: job (job_name): <JOBNUMBER> job id (wip_entity_id): <ID> operation
(operation_seq_num): 1 material requirement item: <ITEM NUMBER>
item id (inventory_item_id_old): 211955 Possible causes: - Routing was
changed between collections to planning server and the release.
2. VALIDATION ERROR HAPPENED!
3. An error occured while updating the material requirement(s). Please check
the 'Pending Jobs and Schedules' form to view the errors.
This happens in the following scenario:
1. set profile 'CSD: Default Repair Item as Material on Job to No
2. create repair order
3. receive return logistics line
4. go to jobs tab and create a job. Do not select bom or routing.
5. once job is created, select 'execute job'
6. In the technician portal, confirm there is no operation or material requirement yet
7. Now enter a material requirement line for a serialized item. Select serial number from the lov. Ensure all required details are there.
8. Now do not Save or Apply. But instead, select the line and press the 'Issue' button; expecting it to save the line and issue it all in a single click.
Instead, it errors.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms