Last updated on JULY 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When multiple activities are added to a PM schedule, the initial forecast returns correct results for all activities.
However, when a PM work order is completed, the forecast changes the results incorrectly. The forecast should retain the initial results after completing any work order.
The issue occurs either via the Maintenance Workbench or Generate PM Work Orders program.
PM forecast should retain the initial results after completing any work order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management
2. Navigation: Preventive Maintenance -> Schedule Definition
PM Schedule ENG-CAT-3516-A25586 with multiple activities:
Activity Last Date
3 ENG-CAT-3516-4320 HR/PM 19-DEC-2014 10:55:32
4 ENG-CAT-3516-5760 HR/PM 14-DEC-2014 10:55:00
5 ENG-CAT-3516-7200 HR/PM 19-DEC-2014 10:55:32
4. Meter Rules are as follows:
Meter = ENG-A25586 RUNHOURS
Usage Rate = 22.5
UOM = HR
Base Interval = 1440
Cycle Interval = 8640
5. Last Service Information shows:
Asset Number = ENG-CAT-3516-A25586
Asset Group = 4028
Activity = 4 ENG-CAT-3516-5760 HR/PM
Actual Start Date = 14-DEC-2014 10:55:00
Actual End Date = 14-DEC-2014 10:55:00
Scheduled Start Date = 14-DEC-2014 10:55:00
Scheduled End Date = 14-DEC-2014 10:55:00
6. Before the work order 293961 was created it appears that the next work would be due on 19th of Feb, 2015.
However, once the work order was completed and the forecast rerun the work order is showing to be due on 11th of Jan, 2015. The interval
between the work orders should be about 64 days.
(1440 hrs /22.5 (Usage Rate = 64 days)
7. After the above work order was completed the schedule shifted as above. We expected the 6th Activity to still be forecasted around the 19th of February as was indicated in the schedule before the work order was completed.
8. Below is information on the meter readings:
As you can see there is a source meter as well as a child meter (ENG-A25586). The child meter is tied to the PM schedule.
Child and Source meter reading are shown as per the attached screen shots.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms