Absence Duration is Calculated as Zero on changing the Date Format under User Preference
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Leave Of Absence Page, it is observed that, after changing the date format under the General Preferences, Calculate Duration for the Leave Records are getting calculated as Zero.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Users sets date format as "mm/dd/yyyy" under General Preferences.
2. Now login to the application using the responsibility "Employee Self Service".
3. Navigate to Function "Absence Management".
4. Key in the "Start Date" and "End Date" and on click on Calculate Duration button, duration is calculated as "Zero".
5. If the date format is left with the default value, then the duration is calculated correctly.
6. It works fine with the changed format in the 11i version of the application.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms