AutoCreate Config Not Creating * Item When Using OSS Rules
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Configure to Order - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Configuration Process
When using a selected option item which has an Option Specific Sourcing item, the star item is not being created and an error message is generated.
The Configuration Item BOM is set to "Item based on Model and BOM based on sourcing" as item attribute value for the ATO Model.
One of the option items in the Option class is set with Option specific sourcing which restricts the config item to be produced only in one Mfg org and not in the other as the ATO Model is dual-sourced.
Error - Configuration will not be created as Config BOM was not created in any org for MODEL MODEL 123
Action - Enable the 'Config BOM Creation allowed' BOM parameter for at least one Manufacturing org.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Created Item Number – MODEL 123
2) Item assigned to orgs
3) Item assigned to the sourcing category
4) Sourcing Rule setup
CRD – Distribution Center
OKS – Manufacturing Org
SRD – Distribution center
CDT – Manufacturing Org
5) Transfer rules for CRD Org
6) Setup OSS for the same model and an option item
7) Model Bill in the MST (Master) Org
8) Model Bill commoned from MST to OKS (Mfg Org)
9) Model Bill commoned from MST to CDT (Mfg Org)
10) Order Booked for the MODEL 123 (ATO Model) in Distribution center CRD
11) Not able to progress order to create the star item
12) Error is generated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms