R12:AP: The 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' Event Has Generated A Wrong Accounting Entry
(Doc ID 1963730.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The reported issue occurs on Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) release 12.1.3 and pertain to the Oracle Payables payment accounting functionality (specifically the adjustment related functionality).
A 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' event applied upon a paid invoice has generated wrong accounting, resulting in a balance in the Liability and Cash accounts.
The actions from the following note were applied under Oracle advisement but the issue was not resolved:
Note 1626373.1 - R12.1 PAYMENT CLEARING ADJUSTED INCORRECT ACCOUNTING because of prior Payment Adjusted incorrect accounting
There should be no imbalances on any accounts after the adjustments.
Steps to reproduce
1. Created a PO-matched invoice, validate and account it.
2. Apply a payment to the invoice, account it.
3. Reconcile the payment in Cash Management.
4. Adjust invoice, which creates 'Payment Adjusted' and 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' accounting entries.
5. The net result is a net balance for both Liability and Cash accounts.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!