R12: The 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' Event Has Generated A Wrong Accounting Entry
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.0 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The reported issue occurs on Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) release 12.1.3 and pertain to the Oracle Payables payment accounting functionality (specifically the adjustment related functionality).
A 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' event applied upon a paid invoice has generated wrong accounting, resulting in a balance in the Liability and Cash accounts.
The actions from the following note were applied under Oracle advisement but the issue was not resolved:
Note 1626373.1 - R12.1 PAYMENT CLEARING ADJUSTED INCORRECT ACCOUNTING because of prior Payment Adjusted incorrect accounting
There should be no imbalances on any accounts after the adjustments.
Steps to reproduce
1. Created a PO-matched invoice, validate and account it.
2. Apply a payment to the invoice, account it.
3. Reconcile the payment in Cash Management.
4. Adjust invoice, which creates 'Payment Adjusted' and 'Payment Clearing Adjusted' accounting entries.
5. The nett result is a net balance for both Liability and Cash accounts.
Reconciliation of Liability and Cash accounts cannot be reconciled properly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms