"ORA-06502: PL/SQL: Numeric or Value Error: Character String Buffer too Small" Error When Entering More Than 22 Arabic Characters
(Doc ID 1964322.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update the 'Honors' columns from per_all_people_f via API more than 22 characters,
the following error occurs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Written the code using API
2. Try to update the 'Honors' columns from per_all_people_f
Using standard interface:
1. Log in using AE HRMS Manager
2. Access:People> Enter and maintain> Further information TAB>Honors
3. While putting more than 22 Arabic characters in field Honors Information it’s not accepting the value and field shows completely blank.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document