SIT Value Set Issue- The segment value is getting updated with un-wanted Name ,when Same Full name Exists for two employees.
Last updated on JULY 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Core HR - General
An SIT segment holds employee name.
Of course there can be duplicates as 2 employees could have the same name.
When one is selected, the system seems to change that to another employee of the same name sometimes.
There are two employee names available from valueset for Reviewer Segment with different employee numbers , different position , different jobs.
Among these the one chosen initially (emp no. 14034) is being replaced by the other one (emp no. 14033).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Created two employee records with same Full name and different Emp no and Person IDs respectively
2. Created a Value Set with the following definition.
select Value --> pap.full_name,Meaning --> pap.employee_number,ID -->pap.person_id
from per_all_people_f pap,per_all_assignments_f paa
full_name like 'JP, valueset'
and PAA.EFFECTIVE_END_DATE = '31-DEC-4712'
and PAP.EFFECTIVE_END_DATE = '31-DEC-4712'
and pap.PERSON_ID = paa.PERSON_ID
3. Assigned this to the Person Analysis Flex field > TEST REVIEWER > Segment > Executive Reviewer
4. For the Reviewer SIT, select the employee_number as 14034 and save.
5. Then re-open and see, found the reviewer populated as 14033 which is wrong.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms