Project Resource Management - Roles In Projects
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Project Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If we do not need to assign the same resource to the same task, but instead want to assign the same person to the same role in the same period of time in DIFFERENT tasks. Can this be done?
1. Assign a role to a task in the workplan
2. Use Resource Usage in order to create the team role.
3. Assign an employee to this team role
4. Add some new tasks or replan the workplan and realize we need the same role specified before in another task for the same period of time. --> We assign this role again to another task.
5. Use resource usage to create the team role.
6. Look for the employee that best fits the requirement and again, we want to assign the same person we have assigned before to this role.
7. Receive an error that a person cannot have the same role in the same period of time for different assignments.
We would like NOT to have this control, as we usually have the situation explained before.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms