R12: Project Resource Management - Roles In Projects
(Doc ID 1980344.1)
Last updated on JULY 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If there is no need to assign the same resource to the same task, but instead want to assign the same person to the same role in the same period of time in DIFFERENT tasks. Can this be done?
1. Assign a role to a task in the workplan
2. Use Resource Usage in order to create the team role.
3. Assign an employee to this team role
4. Add some new tasks or replan the workplan and realize we need the same role specified before in another task for the same period of time. --> We assign this role again to another task.
5. Use resource usage to create the team role.
6. Look for the employee that best fits the requirement and again, we want to assign the same person we have assigned before to this role.
7. Receive an error that a person cannot have the same role in the same period of time for different assignments.
We would like NOT to have this control, as we usually have the situation explained before.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document