Organization Chart With Weblogic Domain Production Startup Mode gives Error 503--Service Unavailable
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Talent Profile, Organization Chart
When attempting to access the Organization Chart with Production Domain Startup Mode (Exact same setup in Development Domain Startup Mode works fine as expected),
the following error occurs.
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
99.9.9 503 Service Unavailable
The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server.
The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. If known, the length of the delay may be indicated in a Retry-After header.
If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD handle the response as it would for a 500 response.
Note: The existence of the 503 status code does not imply that a server must use it when becoming overloaded. Some servers may wish to simply refuse the connection.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Web Logic Typical with Production Domain Startup Modes and ADF, Configure SSL.
2. Deployed Organization Chart .ear file.
3. Access the Organization Chart Directly using URL.
3. Shows Error.
Additional Important Information
1. Both the EBS and WLS are in https
2. System profile External ADF Application URL is set correctly at the site level.
3. Exact same setup with Development Domain Startup mode works fine without any issue. Issue is ONLY with Production Domain Startup mode.
4. Able to test datasource successfully without any issues.
5. System profile External ADF Application URL value is set to following at the site level: https://<WLS_DOMIAN:Port>/OrgChart-ViewController-context-root
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms