Last updated on APRIL 15, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP6 version, Application Programming Interface
Employee Number is getting generating with new number when the employee is updated via API HR_PERSON_API.
It should be updated to with the same employee number.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into 'Global HRMS Manager' Responsibility.
2. Navigate to People --> Enter and Maintain.
3. Query an an Ex-Employee (Ex-Staff Member), for whom we would want to rehire
4. The employee Number is 379412.
5. Execute the API (hr_applicant_api.apply_for_job_anytime ) script to create an applicant by passing the above ex-employee (Employee Number : '379412' and person id = 3146).
6. Applicant gets created and person types shown as 'Applicant.Ex-Staff Member' but employee number did not clange which is correct and applicant Number created as '64' which may be correct.
7. Execute the API (Hr_person_api.update_person) script to to update the employee record(Only title getting updated via Correction Mode.
8. The employee number changed. In this example in this case , 400085
9. If they changed again using API (Hr_person_api.update_person) any other details then again the employee number is changed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms