Supplier Able To Submit Multiple Bids Without Changing The Price
(Doc ID 1980943.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.2.3, a supplier is able to submit multiple bids on an auction without changing the bid price, even though the auction rules require the supplier to lower the price when submitting a revised response.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will in a Vision Demo environment with the following steps:
1. Log in as internal buyer user.
- Created an auction 89660
- Added suppliers Advantage XXX, YYY Manufacturing and Industrial Dressler
- On the auction controls, ensure the following rules are enabled:
--- Allow multiple responses
--- Allow multiple rounds of negotiation
--- Suppliers are required to lower the line price when submitting a revised response --> set to Decrement Amount by 5
- Published the auction --> "Auction 89660 has been published" message appears.
2. Logged in as supplier user INDUSTRIAL
- Selected auction 89660 and select Action = Acknowledge Participation
- Acknowledged participation
- Opened auction 89660 again and select Action = Create Bid
- On the auction line, entered Bid Price = 800 and submit the bid.
"Bid 37166 for Auction 89660 (test auction) has been submitted."
- Opened Bid 37166 again to view the details, and select Action = Create Bid
- Did not change any values on the bid (Bid Price is still 800 and no other changes are made).
- Submit the bid.
"Bid 37167 for Auction 89660 (test auction) has been submitted."
If viewing the bid history, it shows both bids for the same amount.
Also, if attempting to create a bit and change the Bid Price from 800 to 799, the following message appears, which is correct:
"Bid price must be lower than your previous bid price by at least 5 USD for line 1."
Due to this issue, suppliers are able to submit multiple bids having the same information, even though the buyers have a requirement in place to prevent this from occurring.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document