Last updated on MARCH 06, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even though RMA receipt failed MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS.GROUP_MARK_ID is update to NULL for serialized item.
When receiving RMA serialized item the following error occurs:
Lot/Serial validation failed. Please check log for details.
Despite the error MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS.GROUP_MARK_ID is incorrectly updated to NULL for the serialized item in question which is not shipped.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Create a new order with serialized item
- Pick release and create move order with serial number(not shipping)
- Create a new return order
- Receive the RMA through ROI with the same serial number with step2(move order)
=> receiving failed with the error:INV_LOT_SERIAL_VALIDATION_FAIL
- Shipping order(step1) fails
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms