Depot Repair Error: 'Validation Error Happened!' When Creating WIP Jobs
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 and later
When submitting a Depot Repair job it fails with an error 'Validation Error Happened!'
This happens only when the profile option 'CSD: Default Service Order Item as Material on Job' is set to 'Yes', and item has been received
into a locator controlled subinventory. If the item is not yet returned to inventory, the WIP Job is created correctly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new SR.
2. Create a new Repair Order.
3. Saving Repair Order created Logistics Lines.
4. Update the logistics lines with values for the return subinventory and Save.
5. Receive against Return Logistics Line.
6. Confirme Item is in inventory
7. In Jobs tab click Create Job
8. Enter Accounting Class, Complete Date, and Routing Reference, click Submit Jobs
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms